PharmaFoods Ultra Renew - Our AntiOxidant recommendation60 capsules
Ultra Renew is a phytonutrient-rich antioxidant formula featuring resveratrol content equivalent to 18-66 bottles of wine. It delivers a blend of herbs and nutrients specifically designed to provide antioxidant activity as well as support healthy connective tissue integrity.
Red wine is well known for its antioxidant content. Antioxidants are nutrients or plant compounds that are able to neutralise the potentially damaging oxidative effects of free radicals.
Free radicals play a major role in the development of many diseases. Sources of free radicals include pollution and toxins as well as the many metabolic and chemical reactions that take place within our bodies as part of normal healthy physiological processes.
The antioxidant properties of red wine have mostly been attributed to the resveratrol compound found naturally in the skin of grapes, and to a lesser extent, the flesh of grapes. Ultra Renew contains resveratrol content equivalent to 18-66 bottles of wine, depending on the grape variety.
The antioxidants quercetin, proanthocyandins from grape seed extract, and vitamin C help to round out the Ultra Renew formula.
Key Features and Benefits
• Features antioxidant resveratrol content equivalent to 18-66 bottles of wine.
• Provides antioxidant activity for both water- and fat-soluble free radicals through multiple biochemical pathways.
• Promotes healthy cell function with a synergistic blend of herbal and nutritional antioxidants.
• Promotes healthy collagen production.
• Supports connective tissue integrity.
Each Capsule Contains:
Herbal extracts equiv. to dry: Polygonum cuspidatum (giant knotweed) root
20g equiv. resveratrol 100mg
Vitis vinifera (grape) seed 6g equiv. proanthocyanidins 47.5mg
Vitis vinifera (grape) skin 30mg
Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) 50mg
Directions for Use:
Adults: Take 1 capsule once to three times daily or as directed by your healthcare professional.
• If symptoms persist, consult your healthcare professional.
• Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet.
• Always read the label, use only as directed.
• Although the active ingredients in Ultra Renew are generally well tolerated, the use of Ultra Renew in pregnancy and lactation has not been scientifically validated.
• Consult your pharmacist when taking supplements with pharmaceutical medications. Certain nutrients enhance the way some medicines work, and help make other medicines safer. Please ask your pharmacist for further information.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an antioxidant?
Antioxidants are substances that can protect our cells from free radicals and the oxidative damage they cause. Free radicals are produced by the body on a day to day basis, in response to environmental exposure to toxins such as tobacco smoke and pollution, or as part of normal chemical reactions and metabolic processes in the body, such as the breaking down of food.
Antioxidants act as free radical “scavengers”. They significantly slow down or cease the damage that free radicals cause to cells. When antioxidants are not freely available in the body, free radicals will accumulate and increase the likelihood of cellular damage and disease.12
Is it safe for me to take supplements with my current medications?
In many cases it is safe to combine nutritional and herbal supplements with pharmaceutical medications; however, there are always exceptions. Always seek the advice of a qualified healthcare professional before adding a supplement to an existing regime.
Did You Know?
1. Ultra Renew contains, per capsule, the amount of resveratrol equivalent to what is found in anywhere from 18 to 66 bottles of wine, depending on the grape variety.1
1Higdon J. Resveratrol. Linus Pauling Micronutrient Information Center, 2008. Viewed 6 Jul 2009 http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocenter/phytochemicals/resveratrol/
12Balch PA. Prescription for nutritional healing, 4th ed. New York: Penguin, 2006.